Vester Kopi has great aspirations to be eco friendly! We are serious about our responsibility for the environment and we have formulated our own environmental policy. We want to:
- Act as a considerate company in relation to our surroundings
- Comply with all environmental requirements that governments place. We will also be up front with the potential to reduce environmental impact
- Make demands on our suppliers on environmental awareness
- Take into account energy consumption, exhaust options and use of environmentally friendly media, when we choose new machines
- Motivate ourselves to continuously reduce our environmental impact
So far we have obtained the following results:
- The entire Vester Kopi is certified Nordic Ecolabel ‘The Swan’. Read more about The Swan label here.
- We use only CO2-free power. We pay an additional cost for our power, currently supplied by Norwegian hydro power.
- Use bicycle delivery as much as possible
- Vester Kopi has substituted all substances hazardous to health with eco friendly alternatives in our production processes
- Waste is disposed of in an approved manner
- We use environmentally friendly paper
- We sort all our recyclable waste
When you shop at Vester Kopi you pay an environmental contribution of 2.98 percent of your order price. The fee covers:
- Environmental costs that vary directly with production, for example disposal of toner, consumables, paper, and packaging.
- Statutory environmental charges, such as the CO2 tax, energy, etc..
- Application fee for The Swan label (Ecolabelling Denmark)
- Other expenditures for Ecolabelling Denmark, for example, to expand number of licenses
- Extra costs by using CO2-neutral power 'Green Power'
Read FAQ about the environment fee